What is Restylane?
Restylane® and Restylane-L® are for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds. Restylane® and Restylane-L® are also indicated for injection into the lips.
Restylane® Lyft with lidocaine is for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds and for cheek augmentation and for the correction of age-related midface Contour deficiencies. Restylane® Lyft with lidocaine is also indicated for injection into the dorsal hand to correct volume loss in the hands.
Other types of Restylane include:
- Restylane® Silk for lip augmentation and correction of perioral wrinkles.
- Restylane® Kysse for lip augmentation and correction of upper perioral wrinkles.
- Restylane® Refyne for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds.
- Restylane® Defyne for the correction of moderate to severe deep facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds.
- Restylane® Defyne for augmentation of the chin region to improve the chin profile in patients with mild to moderate chin retrusion.
- Restylane® Contour for cheek augmentation and correction of midface contour deficiencies.
How is Restylane Treatment Done?
Before your treatment, you will discuss your concerns and cosmetic goals with an expert injector to determine the best Restylane product. During treatment, a topical anesthetic will be applied to your skin to alleviate any potential discomfort. A fine needle is then used to inject the filler into the treatment area(s). Injections take 30 minutes or less, depending on the size of the treatment area, and no downtime is required.
The most common side effects after treatment are swelling, redness, pain, bruising, headache, tenderness, lump formation, itching at the injection site, and impaired hand function (Restylane Lyft). However, these side effects do not always occur and if they do, they are temporary and mild.
Since Restylane works by stimulating collagen production, it will take about 4-6 weeks before you see results. Restylane results last for 12-18 months, depending on the specific filler used and the treatment area. Restylane Silk lasts for about 6 months.
Schedule A Consultation
If you want to rejuvenate your appearance with a naturally youthful look, schedule a consultation for Restylane injections at DWH Med Spa. You can discuss your concerns with your injector and determine the best Restylane option to achieve your ideal results.