CoolSculpting Vs. Sculpsure: Treating Stubborn Fat Bulges
When it comes to fat reduction, there are many options. Diet and exercise are, of course, the first steps to be taken to shape the body. But, when a healthy individual is still having trouble getting rid of stubborn fat, then cosmetic procedures can a great next step. However, trying to find the right type of procedure can be a challenge in today’s cosmetic advertising whirlwind. To help you weed through the mess, we’re going to analyze two of the most popular cosmetic procedure options to reduce stubborn fat.
What Is CoolSculpting?
Being an active procedure for the last decade, CoolSculpting takes advantage of the process of cryolipolysis. This process gradually freezes away fat cells– once the cells are frozen, they are then absorbed and expelled by the body. Throughout the process of natural elimination, CoolSculpting can help to get rid of targeted areas of fat. This procedure is done specifically to target the fat cells right below the surface of the skin while avoiding any damage to the surface tissues.
CoolSculpting at Dominion Women’s Health will allow you to get rid of those stubborn areas of fat that simple dieting and exercise can’t touch. It’s important to understand that this type of fat reducing procedure takes time to work. Over the course of about four months, the fat cells will naturally die off. When this happens, they are collected by the lymphatic system and processed through the liver to be excreted. Once these crystalized cells leave the body, the treated area can no longer expand with weight gain.
- Safe and reliable technology that has been used for over a decade.
- Can treat harder-to-reach areas like the chin, back rolls, inner thighs, arm fat, and bra line.
- No downtime after treatment.
- Mild discomfort from suction and massage processes.
- Not available for those who are pregnant or suffering from liver cirrhosis.
- Mild swelling and bloating can occur.
- Numbness of the area following treatment
What Is Sculpsure?
Instead of fighting the fat cells with cold, Sculpsure uses laser-focused heat. The diode laser system reaches temperatures between 107 and 116 degrees Fahrenheit. This is just hot enough to destroy the fat cells below the surface of the skin, but still cool enough to leave the surrounding tissues unharmed. Due to the use of heat to damage the fat cells, patients tend to feel a prickling sensation on the skin while the treatment is underway.
At DWH, we’ve found that patients can lose up to 24 percent of fat cells in the targeted area with just one treatment. Just as with CoolSculpting, Sculpsure’s fat reduction will take place over a few months. The laser energy will destroy the fat cells and the body will naturally eliminate them through the lymphatic system.
- Stimulates collagen production in the skin.
- Quick procedure done in 30 minutes.
- No downtime.
- Various applicators are available in different sizes to treat all different areas.
- Bruising and swelling can happen up to a few days after the treatment.
- No direct sun exposure for a week to the treated area.
- Six months wait in between treatments.
Schedule a Consultation
Whatever your goals for fat reduction, we can recommend the right treatment option for you. Your first step is a consultation with our technicians who can create a treatment package using the latest in non-surgical fat reduction. To get started, contact our office by calling or filling out our online form.